LIBRO PRINCIPAL: “The Obamians: The Struggle Inside The White House to Redefine American Power”, James Mann, ed. Viking 2012
DEBATE: Fecha 23 de septiembre de 2012, 6 PM, lugar: Vapiano (18th street y M) NW, Washington DC
RESUMEN LIBRO :
In The Obamians, acclaimed author James Mann tells the compelling story of the administration’s struggle to enact a coherent and effective set of policies in a time of global turmoil. At the heart of this struggle are the generational conflicts between the Democratic establishment—including Robert Gates, Hillary Clinton, and Joseph Biden—and Obama and his inner circle of largely unknown, remarkably youthful advisers, who came of age after the Cold War had ended.
Written by a proven master at elucidating political underpinnings even to the politicians themselves, The Obamians is a pivotal reckoning of this historic president and his inner circle, and of how their policies may or may not continue to shape America and the world.
LIBROS, ARTÍCULOS y MULTIMEDIA Complementarios:
- Gelb, Leslie: “The Battle for Mitt Romney’s Mind“; Newsweek, May 6, 2012
- Indyk, Martin; Lieberthal, Kenneth; and O’Hanlon, Michael: “Bending History: Barack Obama’s Foreign Policy”; ed. Brookings, 2012.
- Kupchan, Charles: “Why nobody will dominate the 21st century“; Huffington Post, April 14, 2012
- Mann, James: “Rise of the Vulcans: The History of Bush’s War Cabinet”; ed. Penguin, 2004
- O’Hanlon, Michael: “Obama vs. Romney on Foreign Policy”; Politico, Aug 13, 2012
- Rose, Gideon; Washington Post Review of the book; June 15, 2012.
- Sanger, David: “Confront and Conceal: Obama’s Secret Wars and Surprising
Use of American Power”; ed. Crown, 2012.
- Tovar, Juan: “El enigma de la doctrina Obama: un año de política exterior norteamericana”, Real Instituto Elcano, enero de 2010
- The White House: “Foreign Policy”
- Estudios de Política Exterior: “Barack Obama apuesta por Asia-Pacífico”; enero 2010
- Vídeo: La política exterior de Obama, por Ron Paul
- Multimedia: Fareed Zakaria “Why Romney’s Attack on Obama’s Foreign Policy Won’t Work”. TIME, July 26, 2012